The RUMC Task Group has worked hard to plan and write protocols for reopening Ridgewood UMC for indoor worship. Our first service back was on Sunday, October 4th at 10:00am. For the present, this service will be video-taped and viewable after the service for those who choose to worship virtually as we have been doing. Bishop Tracy Malone reminds us in her latest EOC communication that the church building falls under Gov. DeWines’s latest statewide mask mandate for people of all ages, 10 and over. This order is in effect for indoor services, Bible studies and small group gatherings and the Church is not exempt.
The safety of all those involved in worship is of the utmost importance, so there will be guidelines that are important to follow by all. We ask that if you are not feeling well, have a fever or cough, you will stay home. Although we are all anxious to return to worship, we ask that you thoughtfully and prayerfully consider whether coming to church is the best decision. As we have heard quite often, if you are 60 or over, have an underlying health condition such as diabetes, hypertension, ongoing cancer treatment, or something that affects your immune system, you may want to continue to worship virtually.
Thank you all for your cooperation in making this a safe endeavor. We look forward to worshipping with you again in the safest possible way!
Here is what to expect when returning for in-person services:
1. Wearing a face mask is required. If you arrive and don’t have one, we will provide one.
2. You will need to call the church to make a reservation to attend indoor service (440-885-1360). We can safely seat 50 people, so the service will be closed when we reach that amount.
3. The parking lot door will be open at 9:45 am for entry into the building.
4. Safe physical distancing of a 6 foot radius around you is required unless you are with a family member you live with or your traveling companion.
5. Someone will check your name off from the reservation list when you enter, only through the parking lot door, using the door to the right.
6. Sanitize your hands with hand gel at the stand when you enter. Only the stairwell on the parking lot side or the elevator can be used. Stay to the right on the steps or in the hallway and enter the Sanctuary on the Southington Dr. side. The coffee hour room and living room will be closed.
7. If you use the elevator, only one person or family group may be in at a time.
8. You will be seated by an usher; every other pew will be closed and safe distancing between non family members will be practiced.
9. Timely exit after the service is necessary and you will be dismissed by the ushers, row by row.
10. You are asked not to gather in groups to converse and although we are all excited to be together again, we discourage any physical contact, i.e., hugging, kissing, handshakes.
11. If you need to use the bathroom, the second floor hallway bathrooms are available; please knock and contain occupancy to one at a time, unless you’re with someone who needs help.
12. Offering can be placed in an offering plate at the front of the sanctuary at the beginning or the end of service.
13. There will not be hymnals, Bibles, pens or envelopes in the pews.
14. We will be utilizing the power point presentations on the large TV screens.
Thank you all for your cooperation in making this a safe endeavor. We look forward to worshipping with you in the safest possible way!